Going resort information:
817 - 1830 metres
Click the piste map of Going to enlarge
||Ellmau and Going are neighbouring
resorts with their own ski area which links into the big Ski Welt circuit.
In the summer beautiful hiking trails lead you
up to high mountain summits, and into the valleys of Goings neighbouring
villages Ellmau and St. Johann. Or cycle along sign-posted bicycle and mountain
bike routes across the entire region.
Going is fully linked into the Ski Welt,
with the best views of the Wilder Kaiser mountain range and a large nursery
Ski Welt is one of Austria's best ski areas. Beginners will
find good nursery slopes and intermediates have an enormous number of runs through
magnificent scenery. Even more skiing is available by adding the Kitzbuhhler Alp
- Height of resort 817 - 1830 metres
- Ski Welt lifts: funicular 1, cable car 1, chairs 28, drags
- Ski Welt ski runs: blue 63, red 57, black 8.
- Marked pistes: Ellmau 35 km; Ski Welt 150 km.
- Cross country skiing: Ellmau 10 km; Ski Welt 150 km.
- Snowparks: 1
- Snow cannons: 154
- Lift pass Ski Welt: 157.50 euro.
Access: Munich airport is the nearest
large international airport, only 160km (81 miles) distant. Salzburg is only
80km (43 miles) away or Innsbruck 90km (56 miles). There are rail stations
at Kufstein (25 km/15 miles) or Wrgl (25 km/16 miles), but the closest is at St.Johann
(10 km/6 miles) - from there a bus service operates to Ellmau or you can take a
The east way to drive is via the A12 motorway which leaves the
Munich - Salzburg motorway near Rosenheim. Leave at exit Kufstein Sud and follow
the roads 173/178. This road is generally flat and rarely suffers from snowfall.
A shorter, but not necessarily quicker, route from Salzburg is through Bad Reichenhall
towards and past St. Johann on the 1/21/178.
- Visit our partner
- Up to 52% discount on ski and snowboard equipment hire
- Book before you go and collect in the resort
- Up to 10% discount on ski school bookings