Valmorel resort information:
1250 - 2550 metres.
Click the piste map of Valmorel to enlarge
||Valmorel was built about 25 years
ago, and the lessons of the earlier purpose-built resorts were well-learnt.
The resort is not very high-rise and resembles a proper Alpine village,
with a main street with shops, bars and restaurants and the hotels and apartments
clustered close to the slopes. The slopes are well-planned and offer plenty
of intermediate skiing as well as good nursery slopes. Valmorel is a family-friendly
resort, but with enough going on to keep older skiers happy. Facilities
for children are excellent.
Valmorel is very easy to reach, at the end of an good road which
leaves the Albertville - Moutiers road just before Moutiers. It's only about
a two hour drive from Lyon and about less than an 8 hour drive from Calais, not
Valmorel is linked to St Francois Longchamp to form the ski area
known as the Grande Domain.
- Lifts in Grande Domain: Gondolas 2, Chairs 16, Drags
- Ski runs in Grande Domain: Green 28, Blue 32, Red
15, Black 8.
- Marked Pistes: 65/165 km.
- Cross country skiing: 25 km.
- Snow parks: 1
- Lift pass: 106 Valmorel/159 euro Grande Domain
- Visit our partner
- Up to 52% discount on ski and snowboard equipment hire
- Book before you go and collect in the resort
- Up to 10% discount on ski school bookings