Zermatt resort information:
1620 3899 metres.
Click the piste map of Zermatt to enlarge
||Zermatt is spectacularly situated at the
foot of the Matterhorn, and is arguably the most famous ski resort in the
world. It has something for everyone - pistes for all levels, a lively and
sophisticated ambience, and stacks of aprs-ski and non-skiing activities.
The lift system, linking to three different ski domains, is fast
and efficient. The long pistes, many through beautiful tree-lined scenery, are well-maintained.
The powder is superb for both boarders and off-pisters, and there are 38 mountain
restaurants to relax in.
Away from the pistes you are spoilt for choice, with climbing
instruction, sledding runs, horse drawn sleigh rides, snowshoe tours, dog-sled rides
and 30km of winter hiking paths.
For relaxation there are 110 restaurants, bars and discos, 7 indoor
pools, 17 saunas, 2 skating rinks, 10 curling rinks, indoor tennis, squash.....
need we go on?
Zermatt is a car-free resort. You park in Taesch approx 10 CHF
per day in 2004) and take the railway.
- Lifts: Cog railway 1, Funicular 1, Cable cars 9, Gondolas
5, Chairs 8, Drags 10.
- Ski runs: Blue 33, Red 45, Black 22.
- Marked Pistes: 150 km local/394 km extended area.
- Cross country skiing: 10 km
- Snow parks: 1
- Snow cannons 56 km
- Lift pass: 326 CHF local/386 International-Aosta.
- Visit our partner
- Up to 52% discount on ski and snowboard equipment hire
- Book before you go and collect in the resort
- Up to 10% discount on ski school bookings